Saturday, 30 July 2011

Library Task 4

I was surprised to find Halton Library, Runcorn, UK when looking for BPL in Twitter. having lived near there for years I didn't know of any connection between Runcorn and Halton.
Clearly, Twitter is a neat route to connect and stay connected to lots of current events and folks in and out of the news. A recent news report suggests that not all info on Twitter is accurate, which creates a concern that actions may be taken by individuals based on unreliable, or downright mischevous information.
Yes, I do have concerns about privacy issues associated with social networking, but the I have concerns about how much is known about us by a wide variety of organisations and agencies. How does one investigate that?
No doubt there will be events that I will follow on Twitter after this course.
Looking at Option 2 for this assignment, do those who elected Option 1 really pass Go and collect $200? If so perhaps a gift to Library Lady in respect of impending nuptials would be in order. After all, we should show some appreciation for the time and effort preparing this course and looking after us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment